Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bikes and Bruises

So the bike riding has been going well still. I got approved for my commuter rewards so I am logging my trips to and from work now which is cool. Last week was somewhat eventful as I had my first spill on my bike. I will save you from looking at pictures of all my bruises, but really all in all the wreck wasn't that bad.

I made a dumb decision to try and get off the sidewalk and into a right hand turn lane. Had there not been a rolled curb this wouldn't have been even a consideration. But none the less I decided to do so, but as it turned out the ground was much lower than the top of the curb and the grass seemed to indicate, my wheel didn't quite make it over and instead slowed me down a ton and i tumbled over onto the asphalt of the turn lane, bike landing on top of me and scraping up my knee, elbow and hands and bruising my shoulder and a massive bruise on the top of my left thigh, which I can only imagine was from the handlebars. anywho, i am picking my self up only to realize that two ladies had stopped traffic both ways on our street to make sure I was ok. Really nice of them, I really appreciated that, and I guess it must have looked spectacular since I stopped traffic entirely. I reassured them that I was fine. continued to dust myself off. no real visible damage to the bike thankfully. The kicker of it all was that I was two houses away from being home. Oh well. Glad I am ok, and healing up just fine. Also glad that my first wreck wasn't cause someone hit me, but just me being dumb, I will be smarter next time. Also thankfully Lu is ok and is still letting me ride, she is very protective of me. :)

I know we have more to tell about this past weekend. Hopefully will get some more time to do that later today/tomorrow.

No comments: