Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A week away...

So we are exactly one week away from our closing date. It hasn't really hit me yet, but as time rolls closer to having to sign all those papers this is becoming more and more real, The Mrs. and I are going to be home owners. So far the last of the hurdles to get us to closing have been going well. Continue to pray that things will be smooth and we will have no surprises at the closing table. Work is supposed to start today on replacing all the piping in the house. We are very excited and blessed that this is being done, and especially before we move and all our stuff is in there. They should be done in 3 or 4 days.

There is so much to take care of in relation to moving, I am sure we are going to forget something along the way, I just hope it isn't anything that costs us a bunch of money. Already making plans and scheduling cancellation of utilities and tv and internet. I might have to survive cut off from the world for a week or two, but i think i can manage, I have the Mario Kart and the Master Chief to keep me company. And there is always the option of watching movies. We have lots of those for some reason, although I know that they are already packed. Lu has packed everything in sight, but it makes her happy so that is cool. I am sure she would pack me up too if that would make the move easier... :)

All in all though I think we are both enough of planners that things should go pretty smoothly. We have lots to do and lots of running around to do with it. I am most excited about getting the chance to finally stretch some artistic muscles and help design our home. I know that will be a slow process one room at a time as we can save up money for each room, but it will be loads of fun. And the best part is we get to start with our room and I am pumped about the ideas we have come up with for it. It won't be everything we want yet but it will be a big step in that direction and away from boring walls that we have lived with for a year plus in our apartment. (obviously by choice, but who wants to paint and then paint again before moving out?) Anyways I am excited even if I don't show it so well sometimes. I can't wait to have pictures to share and get ideas from others. It is gonna be great!

No comments: