Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July weekend!

This weekend was really busy but really fun. First, I woke up Friday to Brian cooking me breakfast in bed, which was super sweet and awesome. We spent all day Friday organizing and packing our guest room up. It's all packed and organized already, which makes me happy. I'm weird and enojy packing and unpacking and getting organized. We still have 2 more weeks and weekends to get our room, the living rm, dining rm and kitchen packed, but we kind of have to wait on those anyway. Then Saturday we did the Peachtree with Brian's family (minus Emily who's in Boston, we missed her though)! It was really fun. I made the mistake of not making time to train for it, so I hurt really bad now. After the Peachtree and some free breakfast thanks to The Home Depot, we went home showered and changed and went to Atlantic Station. Our church was volunteering for a 4th of July Festival at Atlantic Station from 1pm to 5pm on Saturday afternoon. It was also really fun. My women's Bible study group was in charge of the relay races, so for 4 hours we were organizing and running relay races for kids. It was crazy hot, so we'd take breaks every so often, but it was still fun. Needless to say I was exhausted afterwards. So we went home and I collapsed on the couch.

Sunday morning at church I got to help out the media team and Brian. I got to sit with him at the sound/media tables and help run the lights. It wasn't a perfect job running the lights, but it was still fun to help out like that.

We also got to see my parents twice this weekend. On their way into town Wednesday night, they came by and got to see our new house, which was great. I really enjoyed showing them and they really liked it. Then Sunday after church we had lupper with them on their way back out of town.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a great weeekend!


No comments: