Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Season!

YAY for Christmas! I figured I should blog, since we haven't in a LONG time...sorry anyone who reads.

We had a great time in South Africa, and I kept meaning to finish a blog about that and just haven't...so hopefully soon you'll see a blog about South Africa.

We had a great Thanksgiving, seeing both families. The morning of Thanksgiving, we "earned" our turkey by running/walking a 5K race as part of the Atlanta Half Marathon. My brother ran the half marathon (very quickly - a PR for him), and Brian and I ran most of the 5k and my mom and sister walked the 5K. I also did a personal best time of 32:45 minutes. I walked some, so I think I can easily get to running the entire 5K at 30 minutes or less. That's the next goal. :)
Then we drove to Lake Sinclair to enjoy lunch with some of our extended family. My dad and I thought the food was even better this year, for some reason. :) Thanks to all of those who cooked! :)
Friday, after my black Friday shopping (and Brian's work day), we drove up to Cumming to spend Thanksgiving weekend with the Fox family. We enjoyed left over turkey and BBQ. Watched a sad GT/UGA game and played some fun card games. I learned how to play Spades. :)

So back to Black Friday shopping. This year I shopped by myself (kind of weird), but a quick trip. I bought gifts for everyone (minus a few online purchases).

We just enjoyed Christmas with my side of the family this past weekend at the lake. We had a great time playing games and hanging out and eating way too much. My mom loves to cook and this year was very yummy. We had a new red velvet cheesecake that was awesome along with our traditional roast, green beans, rice, homemade crescent rolls and another new addition - roasted cauliflower (really good!). My family also always makes sausage balls, sausage pinwheels and homemade cinnamon rolls for Christmas Morning. So I'll be making sure to hit the gym this week. :)

This week B and I have to work some, but we're also getting our furnaces and condensing units replaced. That replacement might get their own post.

Anyway, we hope you're having a Merry Christmas! We're excited about Christmas, Part 2 coming up this weekend with Brian's family.

No comments: