So unfortunately, I am quite comforatble with City of Atlanta Traffic Court now. I've been to the court house 3 times now. The first time was for a fender bender and I plead No Lo b/c I didn't know what to do. The second time due to a series of uncontrolable events (in the rain) I got another ticket. This time I was confident that I was not at fault, so I plead not guilty. In Atlanta, if you plea not guilty you are giving a second court date to come back and be heard. Today was that day. I got into work at 6:30am to try and get some work done before my court date. This was mostly because last time I was in court at 8am, I just went straight there from home and I was there until almost 11am!! This time I wanted to be able to get in and get some work done, just in case I was gone for 3 hours again.
Anyway, court is always an interesting experience. My second visit I saw 2 people be taken into custody right there in the court room, due to lots of outstanding tickets or getting a bad ticket and lack of a driver's license. Today
There are so many different types of people in court and they all really don't want to be there. I just try and be patient and not nervous, but it's hard. You can tell other people are nervous too.
No comments:
Post a Comment